A Domestic Violence Protection Order can be obtained from the Local Magistrates Court if there has been a relationship between the spouse or former spouse or if they are relatives by blood or marriage or if the parties have been in an intimate personal relationship or even an informal care relationship where one person is dependant upon the other for their daily living. If one of these relationships does not exist, consideration can be given to obtaining a Peace and Good Behaviour Order.